🔗 Share this article Chelsea Boss Maresca Dismisses Man City Links as Pure Rumour Enzo Maresca was once an coach to Pep Guardiola with Manchester City. Chelsea head coach Enzo Maresca has labelled recent reports connecting him with a return to Manchester City as nothing but hearsay. The 45-year-old, who previously worked as Pep Guardiola's right-hand man at the Etihad, responded to the persistent speculation surrounding his future. Maresca, appointed Chelsea manager in the summer of 2024, has a contract that runs until 2029, with a possible extra year available. "It doesn't affect me at all because I know that is 100% speculation," Maresca stated. "And at this moment, there is little room for these kind of things." He went on to explain, Primarily, because I have a contract here for several more years. And my focus, I said many times, is solely on this club and I'm very proud to be here. But again, it's speculation. One week ago I was linked with a role in Italy with Juventus. So I don't pay attention because I know that is not true." Chelsea, currently sitting in fourth position in the top flight, are scheduled to face Newcastle United this Saturday in a 12:30 GMT kick-off. Strain After Recent Remarks Maresca's latest comments follow after he described a recent 48-hour period as his most difficult since joining Chelsea. Those original words had sparked considerable speculation of a potential rift between the manager and the club's ownership hierarchy. When asked if he had since spoken with the club's leadership, Maresca replied, "We are in the same facility, so we speak about different things. But about the post-Everton media session, no." The Italian however affirmed he would definitely remain at the club next season and urged supporters to keep backing the team". In brighter news, Maresca indicated that injured forwards Liam Delap and Estevao Willian could be back ahead of schedule, potentially available for a fixture against Aston Villa later this month. Perspective: Unresolved Tension The perceived strain between Maresca and the club's hierarchy remains as an unhealed issue that continues to cause concern. While there has been no further escalation of the matter publicly, there has equally been no resolution forthcoming, creating the matter unresolved. The mood during the manager's press conferences has become increasingly strained, raising fears it could impact what has otherwise been a decent beginning to the campaign. Chelsea's on-field situation is strong: they are in the top four in the league, have reached the Carabao Cup last four, and can secure a favourable European position with strong results in their remaining games. The lingering uncertainty is whether this off-field dynamic might eventually disrupt a team that was beginning to appear cohesive.
Enzo Maresca was once an coach to Pep Guardiola with Manchester City. Chelsea head coach Enzo Maresca has labelled recent reports connecting him with a return to Manchester City as nothing but hearsay. The 45-year-old, who previously worked as Pep Guardiola's right-hand man at the Etihad, responded to the persistent speculation surrounding his future. Maresca, appointed Chelsea manager in the summer of 2024, has a contract that runs until 2029, with a possible extra year available. "It doesn't affect me at all because I know that is 100% speculation," Maresca stated. "And at this moment, there is little room for these kind of things." He went on to explain, Primarily, because I have a contract here for several more years. And my focus, I said many times, is solely on this club and I'm very proud to be here. But again, it's speculation. One week ago I was linked with a role in Italy with Juventus. So I don't pay attention because I know that is not true." Chelsea, currently sitting in fourth position in the top flight, are scheduled to face Newcastle United this Saturday in a 12:30 GMT kick-off. Strain After Recent Remarks Maresca's latest comments follow after he described a recent 48-hour period as his most difficult since joining Chelsea. Those original words had sparked considerable speculation of a potential rift between the manager and the club's ownership hierarchy. When asked if he had since spoken with the club's leadership, Maresca replied, "We are in the same facility, so we speak about different things. But about the post-Everton media session, no." The Italian however affirmed he would definitely remain at the club next season and urged supporters to keep backing the team". In brighter news, Maresca indicated that injured forwards Liam Delap and Estevao Willian could be back ahead of schedule, potentially available for a fixture against Aston Villa later this month. Perspective: Unresolved Tension The perceived strain between Maresca and the club's hierarchy remains as an unhealed issue that continues to cause concern. While there has been no further escalation of the matter publicly, there has equally been no resolution forthcoming, creating the matter unresolved. The mood during the manager's press conferences has become increasingly strained, raising fears it could impact what has otherwise been a decent beginning to the campaign. Chelsea's on-field situation is strong: they are in the top four in the league, have reached the Carabao Cup last four, and can secure a favourable European position with strong results in their remaining games. The lingering uncertainty is whether this off-field dynamic might eventually disrupt a team that was beginning to appear cohesive.